Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting to Know... Ms Jane

What’s your favourite part of your job?
Working with people who are happy!

What are you reading at the moment?
Dumbo Feather’ my favourite magazine, I have every issue and a stack by my bed for inspiring night-time reading.

What are you lusting after at the moment?
A holiday.

Top three songs on your play list?
The music from the film ‘Babel’, particularly  Ryuichi Sakamoto'sBibo no Aozora’; Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep; The Temper Trap’s ‘Sweet Disposition’, but it changes from day to day... music really sets my mood.

What is your favourite moment during a wedding?
Any moment when the bride and groom are sharing that ‘Oh my god, we’ve done it, I love you so much’ moment...you know the one!

Who inspires you? 
See "what does it take to impress you"...oh, and Eve Arnold, one of the greatest photojournalists of the 20th century who has inspired me through my photographic career.

Favourite Cocktail?
I’m a simple soul, I like my alcohol straight.

What does it take to impress you?
Courage and honesty. The courage to be the person you are and the honesty to treat people as you would like to be treated by them. Simple acts of kindness and bravery by people who expect nothing in return often floor me.

What is the best piece of advice you were ever given?
Be yourself.

Favourite way to spend a Sunday?
With my husband, our pets and our friends, relaxing and catching up on gossip.

Black Tie or Casual?
I’m tempted to say casual, but black tie is so much fun and blokes look gorgeous in it!

Your suggestion for a new name for ‘Hens party’.
Anything that’s not fluffy, it’s such a cliché, so how about a ‘Doe’s Do’ or a ‘Lady’s Lunch’.

Your favourite hostess gift to give?
A recipe index card box or book, the handiest thing in the kitchen. Seriously, you rip recipes out of magazines and download them from the internet, but it’s really hard to cook with your lap top or iphone on the kitchen bench. And if the recipe is a keeper, where do you put it otherwise?

What’s the best gift you have ever received?
My father gave me a lady’s tool kit when I moved into my own house with a little hammer, some screw drivers and a staple gun. Most useful item in the house (after the recipe box, of course)!

Three words that describe you best.
Fun, organised and just a bit obsessive...maybe more than a bit...

Thanks so much for sharing with us today Jane. We are very much looking forward to having Ms Jane at the Portobello Bride Boutique Wedding Market in Melbourne on March 26 and 27!

To find our even more about Ms Jane and to see her work visit:
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
 

No comments:

Post a Comment