Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Getting to Know... Emici Bridal


Portobello Bride Member: Bridal Accessories
Emici Bridal | Washington State, USA | Website | Store | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

What’s your favourite part of your job?
I would have to say client photos. The first time I got some I actually cried a little. It’s one thing to design an accessory in your studio. It’s quite another to see it in the bigger picture that it was intended for with your actual clients.

What are you reading at the moment?
Voltaire: In His Letters. I picked up an old copy while looking for antique books. They are personal letters written by Voltaire to various people and about various things. Fantastic insight into such an amazing mind and time.

What are you lusting after at the moment?
To be truthful I don’t lust after much... except perhaps a vintage brooch or textile. That can turn my head. Admiring something is a whole other story though. I can and do admire many things but still do not want to take them home.

Top three songs on your play list?
This is such a hard question! I am a music nut. Just so that I can say I gave a solid effort for this here are three from among the many that I really love:
Cat Power – Metal Heart The Jukebox version. I know there are a lot of purists that love the older version of hers but how she sings the first line in this version kills me every time. It cuts me to the core. Her voice is amazing and she is so delightfully unpredictable.
Swell Season – Low Rising Simply pulls you in and won’t let go.
Band of Horses – Our Swords The bass in this anchors it in a way that I could listen to forever.


What is your favourite moment during a wedding?
It is impossible to deny the power of the moment when the couple first see each other just before they are married. I get misty just thinking about it.

Who inspires you?
I am inspired by so many people and things. When I go out I will mentally deconstruct things that I see to relate to what I do. Last time I was out I took a cell phone photo of a city drain cover because the pattern was so beautiful.

Favourite Cocktail?
Don’t have one, is that strange?

What does it take to impress you?
Passion, kindness and a sense of humour combine for an impressive combination of character I think. Those people impress me.

What is the best piece of advice you were ever given?
Never be afraid to fail, it’s a stepping stone to success. I fail all the time and it’s great!

Favourite way to spend a Sunday?
I love to wander with my family. I think some of the best days are ones that are not planned but you just go. That way you can find things you would have never seen.

Black Tie or Casual?
Black tie is fun but I have to go with casual.

Your suggestion for a new name for ‘Hens party’
Tumble party. Jack and Jill went up the hill... and Jill came tumbling after. I would like to say because she fell in love.

Your favourite hostess gift to give?
Decadent desserts! Sweets AND a party? What could be better?

What’s the best gift you have ever received?
It has to be my kids. I love being a mom and spending time with them.

Three words that describe you best.
Rapt, resourceful and driven.


Thanks so much for sharing with us today Marie!
Emici Bridal is a member of the Portobello Bride Boutique Wedding Guide. While Marie is located in the USA she does ship her gorgeous items to Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment