Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Getting to Know... The Little White Wedding Company


Portobello Bride Member: Wedding Coordinator
The Little White Wedding Company | Brisbane QLD | Website | Store | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

What’s your favourite part of your job?

It’s hard to narrow this down to just one aspect. Being involved in the planning and styling process as well as being there on the day means I’m lucky enough to be exposed to different styles and creative elements and also experience many beautiful moments throughout the wedding day.

 Throughout the planning process an obvious favourite is designing styling concepts that reflects each couple and is infused with their personalities. This means that every job is unique and for weddings more often than not involves collaborating with a florist which is always a favourite with me… I’m a huge floral lover! 

Something a little less “attractive” but which gives me great satisfaction comes in the final stages when I’m putting the final touches on the run sheet for the wedding day. After working on each wedding for what can be over 12 months it’s a great feeling to see all of the individual pieces fall into place to create one magnificent event for a couple I have become quite fond of.



What are you reading at the moment?
When it’s not the numerous wedding blogs I’m constantly scouring it’s actually En Francais. It may sound odd but I’m planning on jet setting to parts of Europe in the middle of next year so am polishing up my French.

What are you lusting after at the moment?
I think the question should be what aren’t I lusting after at the moment?! In terms of weddings, another exciting overseas challenge – any takers? Personally though I quite fancy Burt’s Bees Radiance Serum, Chloe Pleated silk-crepe dress (preferably to wear to my sister’s wedding), anything from Jo Malone and a beautiful day in the sun with my family.

Top three songs on your play list?

Factory by Band of Horses
You’ve Got the Love by Florence & The Machine    

French Navy by Camera Obscura


Nothing fresh off the radio but I keep coming back to them


What is your favourite moment during a wedding?

During a wedding my favourite moment is a little corny and clichéd but please stick with me… when the bride first steps into her groom’s line of sight the emotions that are expressed on his face are once-in-a-lifetime (except for possibly the look on a father’s face meeting his newborn for the first time). I’m not going to lie; it brings out the romantic in me!

 Later on in the evening, when the couple see their reception for the first time and their jaws hit the floor, that’s also priceless and gives me a great sense of achievement… another job well done.

Who inspires you?
My family
Jeff Leatham (my current obsession!)
Mindy Weiss 

The wonderful woman behind Pulse Physiotherapy and a great friend of mine, Liz Quinn 
I’ve been very lucky and am surrounded by inspiring and supportive people so the list goes on, and on, and on…

Favourite Cocktail?

Lychee martini

What does it take to impress you?

Gratitude, confidence and hard work.

What is the best piece of advice you were ever given?
Never assume anything.

Favourite way to spend a Sunday?
This is usually after I’ve completed a wedding so the answer is never going to be glamorous… face-planting my pillow.

Black Tie or Casual?
Depends on my mood.

Your suggestion for a new name for ‘Hens party’
Bridal Soiree…maybe…anything is better than ‘Hens party’ right?

Your favourite hostess gift to give?
A beautiful scented candle

What’s the best gift you have ever received?
I’m not going to lie, I’ve been pretty spoilt for choice in this area but the most recent is my Kenneth Cole men’s watch I was given last Christmas. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor after I’d unwrapped the box.

Three words that describe you best.
An eternal student.

Thanks so much for sharing with us today Victoria!
The Little White Wedding Company is a member of the Portobello Bride Boutique Wedding Guide. Make sure you take a moment to view The Little White Wedding Company brand new website. It's gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment