Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting to Know... Kristi Bonnici Bridal Accessories


Portobello Bride Member: Veils and Headpieces, Shoes and Accessories
Kristi Bonnici Bridal Accessories | Redfern NSW | Website | Facebook |

What’s your favourite part of your job?
I would have to say the day we shoot the collection every each season. It is such a crazy and fabulous day, often starting very early with so much great energy buzzing around and anticipation about the final product.

I am a designer that absolutely loves to collaborate with others, so working with other talented creatives, from photographers, makeup artists, hair stylists and models to realise my vision for the season is just such a lovely treat after months of working away, often on your own.

What are you reading at the moment?
The latest offering by Isabel Allende, “Island Beneath the Sea
She has been my favourite author of fiction since I was 18 and inspired a trip to South America when I was 19. I have read all her books.


What are you lusting after at the moment?
Some beautiful  Italian ceramics for our home and some gorgeous new pieces for Winter from Aussie designers, Scanlan & Theodore, Camilla & Marc and Gorman… alas there are too many to mention them all!

Top three songs on your play list?
“Hanging on Too Long” by Duffy, 
“Izzo” by Jay Z and
“Baby Carni Bird” by Camille.

What is your favourite moment during a wedding?
It would have to be when the bride has just arrived and is readying herself to walk down the aisle to her man. I love the interchange between her and her father and her bridesmaids, such intimate, precious moments that can never be repeated.

Who inspires you?
For me it’s not so much “who” but “what”.
I find inspiration from so many things, books, art, ceramics, illustration, photography, light, texture or travel.  But the one element that never ceases to inspire me is nature.


Favourite Cocktail?
Much to the dismay of many of my dearest friends, I am not so much a cocktail drinker, I prefer a good old “vodka, dry and lime”. More “Old man” than “young lady” but I guess you can’t argue with your taste buds!

What does it take to impress you?
Consideration and thoughtfulness… whether it be in life or in design.

 What is the best piece of advice you were ever given?
“It is as it is”... who would have thought five, 2 letter words could say so much!

Favourite way to spend a Sunday? 
Getting to spend the day with my beautiful, workaholic husband and our two kooky cats, usually just pottering around, doing whatever we feel like at the moment. For me that usually involves lots of cups of tea, cake or chocolate and a nice long walk either by the sea or in the park.

Black Tie or Casual?
Definitely casual, but I do like to dress up when the moment calls for it!

Your suggestion for a new name for ‘Hens party’
Gosh, sorry, I really tried, but I have nothing.. Hen’s it will have to stay…

Your favourite hostess gift to give?
I really like to give gifts that people can enjoy every day in their home, that they probably wouldn’t buy for themselves like scented candles or flowers.

What’s the best gift you have ever received?
I have been lucky enough to receive so many thoughtful, beautiful gifts over the years, but I would have to say it would be a toss up between my two beautiful cats and my engagement ring.  What the ring represented and the marriage it turned into and then our “furry” kids all bring lots of love into my life and created our funny little family.

Three words that describe you best.
Chatty, Earthy and a “stickler” for detail.

Thanks so much for sharing with us today Kristi!
Kristi Bonnici Bridal Accessories is a member of the Portobello Bride Boutique Wedding Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment