Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting to Know... Wedding List Co.


Wedding List Co | Website | Blog | Facebook

What’s your favourite part of your job?
Being surrounded by so many beautiful gifts and homewares every day. I come to work and get to sit on a Philippe Starck Ghost Chair, work off a beautiful Coco Republic desk and gaze at walls full of Missoni Home, Vera Wang for Wedgwood, iittala, David Edmonds and Jasper Conran to name just a few! Plus I get to meet so many gorgeous couples – the wedding excitement is contagious!

What are you reading at the moment?
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

What are you lusting after at the moment?
Where to start! We have just launched the new Missoni Home dinnerware collection – it’s divine! Ortigia scented candles and body range. Everything from Have you Met Miss Jones…..and the Matthew Williamson fringed snakeskin sequined shoulder bag!

Top three songs on your play list?
Lullaby – The Cure
Raspberry Beret – Prince
She Sells Sanctuary – The Cult


What is your favourite moment during a wedding?
The moment when a groom turns and sees the bride walking down the aisle..… it brings me to tears every time.

Who inspires you?
My Mum!
Karl Lagerfeld – my favourite fashion icon
Natalie Massenet – founder of Net-a-Porter
Phoebe Philo - she’s transformed Celine
Garance Dore - www.garancedore.fr
The Selby - http://www.theselby.com/


Favourite Cocktail?
Lychee Martini

What does it take to impress you?
Both personally and professionally – someone who’s passionate about what they do and who uses their initiative. I’m of the belief that a misguided attempt at something where you give 100% is better than no attempt at all.

What is the best piece of advice you were ever given?
You never know until you try – so many good ideas never see the light of day because people are too scared to try (I should actually take this advice myself!) 

Favourite way to spend a Sunday?
With family and friends. Sunday is all about spending time with the ones you love. I’m also a market obsessive so I’m never happier than when I’m rustling through vintage treasures at Bondi Market followed by a swim at the beach in Summer.

Black Tie or Casual?
Black tie every time – I love to dress up.
 
Your suggestion for a new name for ‘Hen's Party’
Anyone who knows me well will know that I have a dislike of the traditional “Hen's Party”. I’m all for a gorgeous long lazy lunch and afternoon cocktails with the girls so I guess “Sunshine & Champagne”!!

Your favourite hostess gift to give?
A Have You Met Miss Jones mini bird bowl and a great bottle of Champagne.

What’s the best gift you have ever received?
I was recently given an old fashioned Scwhinn bike – I’m obsessed! I haven’t actually made it out the door yet but I have visions of myself coasting along looking uber chic Parisian style (whilst wearing a helmet!)

Three words that describe you best.
Excitable, inquisitive and impatient

Thanks so much to Alicia, Wedding List Co.'s National Marketing Director for letting us get to know her a little better today!

No comments:

Post a Comment