Sunday, October 30, 2011

Portobello Bride 'Girls Night In' Morning Tea

Last Tuesday we held a 'Girls Night In' party to raise vital funds for Women's Cancer. It was the first one I have organised, and I loved every minute. I am already looking forward to next years. It's the perfect occasion to gather together your girlfriends, taking time out of your busy lives to celebrate friendship and womanhood whilst offering support and awareness to a very relevant and important cause.

I had decided on a Bright Pink and Daffodil Yellow theme, the colours of the "Girls Night In" charity.  I called on lovely Portobello Bride Members to help me create a morning tea like like no other my friends had experienced.

First on my 'To Do' list was the invitations. Samone, one half of Cake Ink, created an original stationery suite for us. I wanted something in bright pink, that was very 'Portobello'. The first design Samone sent me was perfect, the Bottoms Up coasters were the most talked about detail of the day, the girls loved them!

Lucky you, we will be providing a free printable version of the Stationery suite for you with compliments from Cake Ink! Check back soon...

The most important detail of the day, the Sweets was next! Juli from One Sweet Girl went above and beyond anything I imagined for our dessert buffet. There were chocolate cake pops, brownies, cupcakes, marshmallows, cookies and the piĆ©ce de resistance, a white chocolate ganache with fresh raspberry ribbon cake. 

Flowers are a must have when ever I am entertaining. I called on the lovely Virginia of The Bouquets of Ascha Jolie to arrange the most beautiful pink and yellow blooms for the party. Everyone commented on them, and I really appreciated the extra loose bunches Virginia provided for me to use throughout my home to complement our Girls Night In spread. That's what I love about all our members, the service they offer is simply exceptional.

The finishing touch was the pretty vintage glassware and crockery we hired from A Vintage Affair. Lee Elizabeth George from A Vintage Affair provided the perfect ensemble of coupette glasses for our champagne and daiquiris, cake plates and the cutest cake forks I have ever seen.
Floral arrangements by The Bouquets of Ascha Jolie
I placed photographs of the important women in my life throughout the desserts by One Sweet Girl.  
My favourite sweet of the day, chocolate brownies with raspberry icing.
Bottoms Up! Cake Ink printable coasters- you can get yours here soon!
Pretty drinks in pretty glassware by A Vintage Affair!
My niece, Eliza Valentine sneaking a cake pop!
 
Not forgetting the reason for our fabulous do! The girls donated generously to our 'Girls Night In' fundraiser. Thank you xx
The most divine cake I have ever tasted. Juli is certainly One Talented Sweet Girl!
The ever cheeky Lucy, kicking up her pretty heels!



I must make a special mention to Lisa of Who's A Clever Girl? Photography who travelled to my home on the Peninsula from Melbourne to photograph our event for you all to see. Lisa worked her magic around us all, blending in and capturing so many sweet moments.

Thank you also to all who donated online to our Portobello Bride page on The Girls Night In website. We raised just over $500, and we look forward to raising more in the coming year. The winner of our two tickets to a Portobello Bride event in 2012 is, Kylie Blake. Congratulations Kylie, and thank you again. 

all images captured by Lisa Kerr-Atkinson of Who's A Clever Girl? Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment