Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Getting to Know... A Lavish Affair


A Lavish Affair | Melbourne VIC | Website | Twitter | Facebook

What’s your favourite part of your job?
Gosh! There are so many, I would have to say I get a buzz from the challenge... some couples come to us and have lost all hope that they can achieve their vision, although we get some tall orders we always come up with the answers and it’s a great feeling!

What are you reading at the moment?
I’m a big reader across all forums, ‘magwise’ I am currently scouring over the latest issue of Vogue, Harpers and Martha Stewart Weddings.  ‘Bookwise’ I am reading the works of Dante and Marketing Sundae.

What are you lusting after at the moment?

Am a confessed shopaholic, I love all things fashion - accessories, shoes, handbags...you name it! My most recent purchase a Badgley Mischka tote and adorable Louis Vuitton navy flats (yum!)

Top three songs on your play list?
I love a broad range of music, jazz, French classics, Top 40, R’n’B, 80’s, 60’s I couldn’t choose just three songs!!!!

What is your favourite moment during a wedding?
Again so many, my favourite would have to be the moment the groom lays eyes on his bride as she presents and makes her walk down the aisle.  It has me smiling from ear to ear.

Who inspires you?
My mum, she was always a happy, positive person, a real go-getter! She passed a few years ago at the young age of 47 with breast cancer. I strive to succeed in all I do as I know she would be proud and I would be fulfilling some of her dreams that she had for me.

Favourite Cocktail?
Can you have just one? Mojito....

What does it take to impress you?
If you are genuine, humble and have integrity, I am sold!

What is the best piece of advice you were ever given?
Be yourself, do the right thing by others and trust your gut instinct!

Favourite way to spend a Sunday?
Blanket, couch, hubby, black and white movie marathon = Bliss!

Black Tie or Casual?
Black Tie, it has to be elegantly Lavish!

Your favourite hostess gift to give?
Along with a swish bottle of wine or bubbly I love Dinner Conversation Starters, Kikki K have a cute little box with conversation cards to share over dinner, you could be creative and make your own!

What’s the best gift you have ever received?
A cake made with love for my birthday, these days it becomes so easy to buy a cake but I think it is much nicer to have one made from love!

Three words that describe you best.
Patient, Generous and Resourceful! I’m a great problem solver!

It was a pleasure to get to know you better today Marisa! Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment