Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Getting to Know... The White Orchid Floral Design


The White Orchid Floral Design | Adelaide SA | Website | Facebook


What’s your favourite part of your job?
I love creating the wedding flowers for the bride and seeing her reaction when I personally deliver them on her wedding day, it gives me goose bumps every time!


What are you reading at the moment?
All the new wedding flower magazines that are hitting the stands for Spring/Summer, love seeing the new trends coming through.


What are you lusting after at the moment?
The change in season really inspires me so at the moment I am lusting over beautiful flowers in Spring tones, and starting to see a sneak peak at the flower markets. Yum!


Top three songs on your play list?
Lisa Mitchell “Clean White Love”, Angus & Julia Stone “Big Jet Plane”, Jack Johnson “Banana Pancakes.”


What is your favourite moment during a wedding?
The exchanging of the vows, especially if they are personally written, they can be so beautiful.


Who inspires you?
In 2010 I travelled to New York to take part in a master class on Advanced Wiring Techniques for weddings. I studied at the Flower School New York, one on one alongside Master Florist Felipe Sastre and found this experience not only improved my skills but gave me new inspiration for wedding flower design.




 

Favourite Cocktail?
Cosmopolitan


What does it take to impress you?
Anyone who has followed their passion and created a successful business and living from it.


What is the best piece of advice you were ever given?
To follow my dreams and find passion in life and I feel I have achieved that with my floral work.


Favourite way to spend a Sunday?
After usually finishing a wedding the day before, having a sleep in! Followed by late brunch of banana pancakes and reading the paper, heaven!


Black Tie or Casual?
Both! Whichever is fitting for the occasion.


Your suggestion for a new name for ‘Hens party’.
I have heard a new party is emerging called “The Sten” combining the Stag and Hens party, though I’m not sure how that would work?


Your favourite hostess gift to give?
Flowers of course!


What’s the best gift you have ever received?
A Tiffany silver cuff from my husband for my 30th Birthday when we were in NYC last year, I love it!

 
Three words that describe you best.
Creative, perfectionist, passionate.

Kyla thanks so much for sharing about yourself with us today! It was so great to get to know you a little better!

No comments:

Post a Comment